Myles met me for our third midwife visit. This time we met with Nora who is the other midwife that we may end up birthing with. She was very nice, but more serious than Catherine. The baby's heart was beating at 160 bpm which she said was good, and my blood pressure is really good as usual. The scale wasn't working correctly, so now I am depending on the scale at work which doesn't seem so reliable either! So far I think I have gained between 3 and 5 lbs, depending on where my bowels are! Gross!!
On the way home I went the wrong way and almost got lost, and Myles followed me in his car so it was kind of funny because he knew where he was going, but followed me the wrong way anyway. Now he keeps joking about my driving =) We have picked out the car seat and stroller that we like best. It's the top rated for safety on consumer reports, and we both agree it seems less "cheap" than the others. We don't want to buy it yet though in case things change in the next few months. We also found out that with our insurance we will pay $960 for the birth and pre-natal care with the midwifes, plus we have to buy a birthing kit and rent the birthing pool if we are going to use that for a water birth... Good thing we have been budgeting and will be able to handle these costs!! If I wanted to have the baby at Kaiser I wouldn't have to pay anything, but I feel this is an experience I will remember for my whole life, so feel it's worth the cost.
1 comment:
$960 is not bad, we had to pay $1500 for the Porter's birth center birth and a little less for Liesl's. But, yeah having to pay anything when it could be free is not fun. What do you think you are having? I am thinking boy.
Post a Comment