03 December 2008

2 week check up with Catherine



Today we had our 2 week check-up with our midwife Catherine. I was so glad to see her because my stitches were not dissolving like I had hoped, and I needed help! She was able to take the external stitches out for me. It HURT, but I held Adelaide and tried not to think about it. The pain could never compare to what I had felt before so I knew I'd survive.

Adelaide now weighs 9 lbs and 6 oz! I guess this is really good. Catherine said that they just hope that the baby has gained it's birth weight back, so the fact that she had gained a pound on top of that was a really good sign that she is thriving. She is now 21.5 inches tall, so has already grown an inch and a half!! Her head was 37 cm around, so grew one centimeter as well. She also got her second PKU test done which was sad. Catherine had to prick her heal and she hated it! The first test came back with everything normal, so we will hope this one does too.

No comments: