Its a new year, so I'm gonna try new things. Today I decided to try out the breast pump. We figured it would be good to store up some milk in the freezer in case Myles ever needed it. I'm hoping to go back to yoga soon and it might really help him to have it just in case. Plus he might have fun feeding her. I decided to try it out this morning, because it seems like I have more milk in the mornings. I have a manual pump that Aunt Lisa got for me. I wanted the manual one because I knew I wouldn't be pumping a lot, so no need to get an electric one.
I successfully pumped about 4 and a half ounces today. It freakin hurt, and was also weird to see how it all works, as the pump is clear. It kinda made me feel like a cow. I know that's bad to say but I can't help it. I much prefer to have her nurse than the pump, and hopefully will fill up the bottles that we have to freeze and be done with that for a long time!
2 comments:
I have felt that same way several times. It is nice to have a little storage of milk in the freezer just in case.
Hello Alisha, I haven't tried my pump yet but I feel like a cow as well. I breast-feed Gaia on demand which means that sometimes she eats even every hour and she's on my breasts most of the day :)
Post a Comment