I just got out of my yoga class and it was amazing. I was noticing how different my body feels after having been pregnant and giving birth and all. Before I got pregnant I had been practicing yoga with the same teacher for almost 3 years. She really kicks my butt, but also really gets my mind in an amazing place anytime I go to her class. I feel like she can read my mind with the things she says sometimes. There have been a few times that I've really broken down and had tears running down my face. It comes from the emotions that are stored deep in my body, and certain poses just seem to bring them out sometimes. When she talks she is talking to the whole class, but I always feel like it's just to me. I wanted her to be there to coach me through my labor...I bet she would have been such a big help!
So before I was pregnant I was getting really strong and flexible, and able to balance in head stand and working on other inversions. Pregnancy really changed everything. I went to pre-natal yoga, but it wasn't the same. Your body just changes so much, not to mention what the hormones do to loosen your joints and things. So NOW my body is trying to get back to where it was, but everything seems off. My joints are sore a lot and my back is always messed up these days, even though I had never had back problems before. When I go upside down now I can really feel that big hole in me where Adelaide used to be...you would think after 6 months I would forget that feeling, but I still miss her so much when she isn't with me, and so does my womb =) I sound crazy - I know. So anyway, I'm going to keep doing yoga and keep getting my strength back into these spaghetti arms until I'm even better than I was before. I not just my muscles, but my mind back to a clear place where I can be the best mommy ever. We all need a little time to ourselves, and I get mine at my yoga class =)
1 comment:
Hello Alisha, thank you for your lovely e-mail. I will reply as soon as I have peaceful moment...
It's so great you can get the time for yourself and find relaxation in yoga. I wish I could join you... And this feeling of emptiness you describe it doesn't sound crazy to me at all. I miss Gaia as well whenever she's not close to me. I miss my bump, I miss feeling her movements inside me. I still gently pat my belly like I used to when I was pregnant and I'm not even aware of doing this! =)
Have a great and sunny day,
kasia
Post a Comment