22 April 2008

I'm not so good at keeping up with this

So today is now Tuesday and I'm going to try and catch up with the fun things that have been going on. On Saturday I went to a baby shower for some of my friends from my old job. It was really fun to see so many people that I really miss since leaving there, and it made me realize how many great friends I had there and how much I miss them all. The couple having the baby are so laid back and amazing. I know they are going to have such a cute family. It breaks my heart though because the mother is going to have to give birth in the hospital, even though she is deathly afraid of that and wishes for a home birth. I have been trying to think of ways she could raise money to afford a home birth, but she's already 36 weeks along so the baby really could be here anytime. I know that midwives really don't make that much money and wish there was some other way for her do have the birth that she wants. Her mother had 7 children at home unattended. The only one to help her was her husband. I have a feeling that my friend is considering trying to do it unassisted as well, except for her mother, but we will see. I am so happy and lucky to be able to prepare for the birth that I want. I really hope that my pregnancy continues to be so low risk so that I don't have to worry about being transferred to the hospital. If you haven't seen Ricky Lakes movie "business of birthing", it's a great film about the topic!

Last night when I got home from work out power was out, and stayed out until 9:45 pm! It was actually really fun though, my husband had a fire going and got take out for dinner. We played cards by the light of candles and our Colman lantern. Our cats laid around with us keeping warm by the wood stove. It was amazing how quite it was without the fish tank and fridge running! Tomorrow is my first meeting with Nora, my second midwife. I am so excited. Myles is coming along too. We had such a bad experience with the OBGYN at the HMO, so I am really hoping that this visit goes much better. My tummy is already starting to stick out... I wonder how big I'm going to get! I've been so sick still, but am hoping it goes away in a few weeks. I can hardly stand it any longer!

No comments: