23 April 2008
Second Midwife appointment
Today we had our second appointment with the midwife. We were supposed to meet Nora, the second midwife, however I had to re-schedule so that Myles could make it, so we saw Catherine again. This was Myles first visit with her and I was really hoping that he would like her after the horrible visit we had with the OBGYN at the last visit. The best part was when she put the little heartbeat thing on there and found the heartbeat right away! She says my uterus is kind of tipped forward so it's easy to find. It sounded so cute and she said it was moving around a lot! I just can't imagine that there is really a little baby in there! I have no idea what it will be like, the concept of it seems so foreign to me. Hearing the heartbeat and knowing it's moving around was amazing though and made it all a lot more real. Catherine was also very sure to be sure all of Myles questions were answered. I'm sure it helps him to feel more involved. He must have so many thoughts and questions as well and I don't ever want him to be feeling left out of this whole process. Over all I feel so good about our choices of prenatal care and the whole homebirth thing. I really do trust myself, my body and my strength. I know that I am more comfortable at home than anywhere...and can't wait to see how this all turns out!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
It is so awesome on your way to a birth that you really want...hopefully for our second, we'll get the same. I'm so excited for you!!!!!
Post a Comment