15 August 2008

Hot hot HoT

Yesterday it was 100 degrees in Portland!!! Everyone was walking around miserable and whining about it. I didn't think it was too bad. Today it's supposed to be just as hot out. I have been in the office all day in the A/C so I'm not sure what the reality is out there. I know it's a lot hotter in Chico...so I don't mind the heat so much. Being pregnant does make everything seem hotter though! Tomorrow morning we are going back up to Timothy Lake to meet up with Trav and Kerry and their boat. I love it up there and can't wait to jump in the lake again. I think it's usually a LOT cooler up there on the mountain so it should be perfect! Plus it's our first time to get to check out their boat. I can't wait!!

Yesterday was the longest day ever. I got to work by 8 am sharp. Worked for 8 hours - and then went straight to the midwife's house for our appointment, and then straight down to the hospital to observe the childbirth education classes. I didn't get home until after 10:30 pm and never had a real break all day. It was nice to be busy though and I know I can handle it for now. I'm really enjoying learning so much about childbirth in general, as well as the education side of things. I hope my goals of becoming an educator are reachable after the baby is born. I know it's such a passion of mine and it's nice to know I'm finally moving in the right direction.

No comments: