23 October 2008

Sickie poo's

Myles has been sick with a bad cold for a few days, and this morning I was feeling extra tired and my throat was sore so I called into work as well. I know I need to work because I only have a week to go, and the money will help...but I don't want to take any risks. I can't imagine going through labor AND having a bad cold to deal with!! Seeing Myles sick has made me realize the strength that I really do have, and we as woman have while we are pregnant. I think I must have become quite used to the uncomfortableness of having someone inside of me, pressing on my every side, not to mention the nausia and everything else. I think I've delt with this really good and am proud to know that I am strong. I just hope my labor goes the same way. I'm sucking on slippery elm to see if it helps my throat, and it doesn't much feel like anything. I wonder if it's really supposed to be for indigestion?? I'm going to drink a bunch of tea and lay around. I have a midwife appointment at 4:30 today and think I will have to get my strep B test done. I'm not very excited about that.

No comments: