I am so amazed by my friends that can sew, and I know I can teach myself to do it as well, and heck, it has to be a lot faster than knitting! Today I set out to make Adelaide a dress. I kind of cheated, as I took this dress that I bought for myself at Target a few years ago, and altered it. I love the dress, but just never wore it because it didn't fit me right. Now I will get to see it more....on Adelaide!! So I basically just cut it in half in both directions, sewed the hem and one side together, and then moved the straps around and shrunk them. I know I'm a cheater, but I think the dress turned out pretty good. Let's just hope it gets warm enough for her to wear it a few times before it's too small for her!
30 April 2009
Trying to learn to sew
I am so amazed by my friends that can sew, and I know I can teach myself to do it as well, and heck, it has to be a lot faster than knitting! Today I set out to make Adelaide a dress. I kind of cheated, as I took this dress that I bought for myself at Target a few years ago, and altered it. I love the dress, but just never wore it because it didn't fit me right. Now I will get to see it more....on Adelaide!! So I basically just cut it in half in both directions, sewed the hem and one side together, and then moved the straps around and shrunk them. I know I'm a cheater, but I think the dress turned out pretty good. Let's just hope it gets warm enough for her to wear it a few times before it's too small for her!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
2 comments:
Hello Alisha, this little dress is gorgeous! I love it! And I think that red color suits Adelaide so well, she looks so pretty. I would love to sew for Gaia but I'm afraid I'm not patient enough- I tried to sew long time ago and I wasn't good at it. But I do love knitting for my girl, I find knitting very relaxing. You knit for Adelaide as well, don't you? I can send you some nice patterns if you are interested.
Have a happy week, hugs,
Kasia
The dress is very cute, but you could throw anything on her and she would be adorable.
That is my problem with knitting, Natalie tried teaching me but I didn't have my finished product at the end of the lesson. With sewing you get that instant satisfaction of a completed project.
Post a Comment