30 October 2008

Another home visit and Refinance!!

Today we had our home visit with Catherine, our other midwife. It was really relaxing being at home, and I was glad to be able to talk about the contractions I've been having since Monday, as well as labor and where we will set up the birth pool ect. She wanted to check my cervix to see if I was dialiating, and found that I am dialated about 1 cm and about 50% effaced. She said that I'm not in "pre labor", but it sounds like this baby might come a little early...maybe. The baby's head is down in my pelvis now, she said at about a -2 station. Everything looks good and seems to be moving along, so we will be parents before we know it! Myles video taped the heart beat so you can hear it!! This is me laying on my bed while Catherine listens and counts the beats. After the appointment we went to sign the papers on the refinance on our house! We have been working on it since August. I learned so much when we bought our house, so did lots of research and talked to a LOT of lenders, before we decided to go with our very own credit union. We landed are GREAT interest rate and a fixed loan so everything is safe now...and our payments even went down a little! We have our property taxes paid for the year, as well as our home owners insurance...so the ducks are in a row finally!! One less thing to worry about =)

1 comment:

Something creative. said...

oh...now i feel apart of things!!
I love you,
Leah