26 March 2009
Inspiring yet Heart wrenching
Yesterday I found the blog that was written by a girl, who's mother I used to work with. She was diagnosed with a rare form of cervical cancer, and kept a blog from her diagonosis, all the way through her recent death. It was so inspiring to read, yet so sad at the same time. I thought about it all night and didn't get any sleep. It just makes me wonder about doctors and hospitals. I wonder if she would have lived a bit longer and happier, had she not had all of the treatment that she did. I have lost a few close people to cancer, and know that it's one of the scarriest things out there. Here is a link to her blog. If you are going to read it, I reccomend you start at the very oldest post and go from there. She was beautiful, super funny, and seems like such a strong person. There is also a place to donate money to her family for her medical bills etc. It's just one more thing that really makes me enjoy every second that I get with my baby girl.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
I don't really know what to say... I read the blog with tears in my eyes. I feel so sad...
Cancer is something I'm really scared of. I think Kindra was a wonderful and very strong woman who endured so much. She also made me more aware through her blog, I understood why it is so important to care for your health, to have regular check-ups, to listen to your body... Especially now, when there is this new person in my life, my little girl, and I want to enjoy and be there for her as long as possible... Every second is so so precious.
Post a Comment