04 September 2009

When 9 months are almost over

I can't believe Adelaide's birthday is only two months away! It seems I've had her a lifetime, yet only a few weeks at the same time. I can't believe how much she has grown, learnt, done, pooped, eaten, taken her time falling asleep...and the list goes on. We have an appointment with Cathryn next week, but until then I can update on the things that I know and want to remember.

First off, Adelaide is still not crawling with her belly off the floor. She has been scooting around on her belly for months, and has gotten really good at at, and fast! She has taken just a couple of "steps" on her knees, but seems to think she's faster at the scoot. I don't mind if it takes her several more months to learn to crawl correctly, I'm just not ready for her to walk yet.

The solids have been going good, although she doesn't like anything new really, and only wants to eat avocado mixed with yogurt (which I try to sneak in other stuff sometimes like nutritional yeast or ground flax or sunflower seeds), Sweet Potatoes and Broccoli and sometimes Kale. I guess I can't complain because all of this is healthy. Today I tried to give her Beets again - she refused after the first bite. Same with dried apricots that I stewed and pureed for her. Same with Rice cereal, prunes, squash, etc. Her very favorite thing is the O's cereal that I've been giving her. She LOVES to feed herself. She also LOVES pizza crust to chew on. I try to be creative with the finger foods, but it's hard because everything is so slippery that she can't pick it up. I've given her pieces of honeydew melon, kiwi, mango, etc and she can't pick it up. Today I scrambled some egg yolk for her to feed herself, and thought she ate it all, but then found most of it in her lap when I took her out of the highchair. I'm not sure if she didn't like it, or just couldn't quite get it in her mouth.

As for sleeping, she is doing an excellent job at night, however refuses to go to bed until we do. I know this will have to change eventually, and I try every night to get her to sleep at a normal time, but she just won't do it. Maybe she is afraid of the dark? I try night lights, music, noise machine, the fan, the air conditioner....nothing works. She is also too small for her swing bed, but we are using it until we get the new one we ordered. I hope that helps. She is also harder to get to sleep for her naps sometimes. Today I thought she might be ready to only have 2 naps a day, but I think it was a bad idea. She's looked tired all day, and doesn't seem to be as happy, so we are back to at least 3 naps a day starting tomorrow.

She is so interactive, she laughs at me all of the time, and has been giving me kisses each morning for the past few weeks. Today she figured out how to make fart noises by blowing on my arm and was cracking herself up. She also laughs at herself each time she goes to taste Buddha...she never gets her mouth all of the way on him because his fur tickles her mouth too much that she cracks up and moves.

No comments: