26 January 2010

I read this sentence today and liked it

This is the only life there is.


Comments....anyone....anyone......
Nobody ever leaves me comments. Will YOU tell me what you think of this sentence?

I am adding to this post because maybe that sentence alone doesn't get across what I really read. It was talking about how if we knew the date we would die, we would understand that there is a finite number of days ahead, and we might make more of each day. If we knew how many days we had, we would be less likely to waste days on being angry, upset or lazy. It was also talking about how THIS life that we each live is up to us, and we don't get to be somebody else, born to a different family, or with different abilities or gifts. We have what we have, and can do with it what we want. I guess the THIS should be emphasized more than the ONLY -
It's also about living in the present. It's so easy to get stuck in the past or only live for the future, but as we do that, the present time and life we are living right now is passing us by...we are living it and not even realizing it.

These are all things I know we have all heard before, but for some reason it's just really interesting to me right now. I think I'm on a new spiritual journey ever since Adelaide's birth. Maybe I got too close to God that day, or too close to Death - I have no idea, but I don't mind trying to figure out what things are all about - it's fun to try and guess!

3 comments:

Ellie said...

No regrets and no excuses! Although many would disagree that this is the only life there is...for many this life is a stepping stone unto the next.

callie said...

well I have different views on life :)

Laurie said...

This is what came to mind when I read the line about THIS being the only life...I remember being on a beach in San Diego, it was a crowded party atmosphere, and someone had brought their dog along. The dog spotted something and proceeded to POINT. Everyone on hand thought it was hilarious, but the dog stuck with it, and just remained pointing. (It must have been a Pointer) I remember thinking: this dog gets it that THIS IS HIS LIFE, and even if he just belongs to some beach bum in SoCal, he's gonna make his POINT when the time comes. No excuses.