My New Year's resolution was to learn to crochet. I have tried many times, but never have been able to succeed. I am pretty good at knitting, but there are lots of cute things you can do with crochet that you can't do with knit. I have seen some amazing flowers and little toys and every time I find a pattern I want to try, it seems that it's for crochet and not knit. It's also faster, so maybe I'll be able to finish a blankie someday!
I learned to knit by reading and using the book Stitch 'N Bitch. It has seriously taught me everything I know about knitting. I decided to go with the same author (after trying several other crochet books)and bought Stitch 'N Bitch Crochet - Happy Hooker because I figure if she taught me to knit, she can also teach me to crochet. I was right! The book is great so far, and I've been able to do things (like crochet in a circle) that I haven't been able to figure out with the other books.
Here is my first project. I got the pattern from the book Creepy Cute Crochet, which is full of adorable little creatures to make. I think he turned out pretty good, and Adelaide LOVES him! We have lots of little skeletons around here, we love them and Day of the Dead stuff. I ended up doing his eyes different because I didn't want to use anything that could be a chocking hazard. I wonder if Adelaide thinks he is a Panda!? =) I am planning on making his bride next.
No comments:
Post a Comment