21 February 2010

Tantrums and potty time

I can't believe the age of tantrums is already upon us! For the last few days Adelaide has really begun to show her fussy side when she doesn't get what she wants. Yesterday she actually threw herself on the floor screaming because she couldn't play with the remote (which we have never let her play with). She has also begun to tantrum when it's time for her diaper change. Anytime she doesn't get what she wants - she fusses and yells and pretends to cry. I know this is normal and good for her, but I hope we can get through it as fast as it came on! I thought this didn't happen until they turn two!

The other big thing is that Adelaide has been going to the bathroom in the toilet a LOT. Whenever I check her diaper and its dry, I then hold her over the toilet, and most of the time she will pee! She obviously has control to hold it, and control to let it out! She has also done this pooping for the past week or so. Even if I have no idea that she needs to go, she will plop it out when I'm holding her over the potty. We are excited to get some training pants to make this easier. As soon as she starts walking on her own I'm going to start teaching her to pull her pants up and down =)

1 comment:

Ellie said...

I cannot believe she is already potty training! Good for her and you.