Today as we were leaving the restaurant where we had lunch, I was stopped by this cute little old couple sitting side by side in a booth near us. They had to be in their eighties or ninties! The woman said...
"I just have to ask you, is this your first baby?"
"Yes" I replied with joy in my eyes, I am always excited when someone wants to talk about Adeliade
"I can tell" she said. "We have been watching you, and the love you have for that baby is tremendous"
I almost started crying. I don't know if it's because my love was acnowladged, or because I somehow was doing something to show even a perfect stranger the love that overflows out of me for my daughter. Of course I love her tremenously, she is my kid...but for someone else to point it out...that she actually noticed that....I felt proud and greatful. It seems like an obvious thing to notice with any mommy and baby, but has our culture gotten so far from the basic happieness in life that people notice such natural things like the way that I love my own baby? I hope Adeliade knows how much I love her, and Myles knows how much I love him, and if I can make it more obvious to the world as well, then I must be doing something right!
No comments:
Post a Comment