Updates for this post are in this beautiful color =)
1- An earthquake and tsunami in Japan has left thousands and thousands of people dead, missing, and homeless. I just can't imagine how the survivors must feel, and what they have been dealing with.2- They say a "twin" to that earthquake will happen HERE anytime...could be tomorrow, could be in 50 years, but it WILL happen, and Portland is nowhere near as prepared as they are in Japan. None of our bridges would survive, none of our schools would survive....can you remind me again why we live here?
3-There is a chance that a big plume of cancer causing radiation could head our way from Japan, affecting our health, our soil that we rely on to grow our food, and our abilities to go outside safely. We live in a really rainy city. We love the rain. We love to walk in it and feel in fall on our cheeks. Being afraid of the rain just seems scary and wrong.
4- Earthquakes tend to happen near a full moon. Tomorrow's full moon will be closer to the earth than it's been in 18 years, making it's pull extra strong, and the probability of earthquakes higher.
5- It seems a war with Libya is imminent. It will be the third war that our country is involved in. Tragic!
6- My horoscope told me this...
The full moon of March 19, in Virgo, operative plus or minus four days from the date of the moon's appearance, will pull your attention toward your career and reputation in your industry. This could initially be a tense time, as Uranus will oppose this moon and create some sort of challenge that comes without warning. Mercury will oppose Saturn on the day before, March 18, and be part of the message of the full moon, an indication you will have to stay very practical and realistic through this episode.
There was some real truth to this so I would like to say what happened. Of course it was nothing as gruesome as I was imagining...but it turned out to be true!! I had scheduled to go to a doula meeting on March 18th (the night it says) if I didn't end up called into work. I was not called in that day so proceeded to the meeting that I have been excited about for weeks. I drove around and walked around a single block over and over for about a half hour trying to find the address that the woman emailed me. I even called Myles so he could confirm it by my email. After no luck and no response from the woman in charge I came home in tears...so confused about what my problem was. She ended up emailing me late that night to apologize and say that she forgot to send me the updated email with the new address and blah blah blah...so there was my challenge having to do with my career! Weird eh??
but even more troubling is this part of my horoscope...
Neptune opposition Saturn: A new perception
Mid March 2011 until mid January 2013: This is an extremely significant time, but it is not usually very pleasant. During this period some aspect of your reality will be severely challenged in such a way that you will not know for a time what is real and what is not. Your sense of proportion will be distorted so that you place too much importance upon matters that do not deserve such emphasis and perhaps ignore the matters that really are important. And the matters that you are overemphasizing are those that make you afraid and fearful. In fact the chief problem with this influence is that it produces fear and anxiety for no apparent reason. With this influence you should always keep in mind the fact that things are almost certainly not as bad as they look.
This is all totally true as well (as per all of my worries above). I realize that many things are not in my hands, and happen for reasons that we don't understand...and I'm feeling much less stressed and much more faithful in what is meant to be. I just need to remember this for a while though, as it looks like this one will last another year and a half =(
does anyone out there believe in astrology? Do you let it affect you? I try to ignore it, and tell myself that I'm NOT going to look up these things anymore...but these words have been weighing me down for over a month now. I'm just glad the middle of March, and the full moon will be here tomorrow. We will see what's in store for me, and how bad it really is...
2 comments:
Sounds like perhaps you are believing your horoscope so much that you are making it so! You are your own worst enemy, I interpret this as saying, all of the stress and worry you are doing is not rational/ie: reality is that things aren't really bad for you/us so you are worry warting yourself to the max for not! Don't believe in destiny and horoscopes...believe in the control that you have over your actions and yourself! Confidence! Things are going really well for you look how lucky you are with that kid!
Hi Alisha, I am so sorry that you are worrying about these things. I too experienced this after 9/11 because I had a new baby and we were living a couple of miles from NYC in NJ. The news was telling us to cover our windows and doors in plastic in case of a chemical attack and I started to physically manifest health problems from my anxiety. What helped me was to read Matthew Ch. 6 vs.25-34.
http://www.catholic.org/bible/book.php?id=47&bible_chapter=6
Regarding Astrology, the Bible condemns it so I stay away from it because any belief system that is not from God is from the devil, and as you have experienced the evil one wants to make you miserable and this is a vehicle he is using.
Just yesterday I was worrying about earthquakes and I realized that I had not prayed and asked God to protect my family and once I did I felt peace because I knew that everything is in His hands and worrying about things I cannot control will only make me crazy.
I hope you don't mind that I quoted scripture. I just wanted to share with you what has helped me. I will be praying for you that you will soon feel God's peace :)
Post a Comment