16 November 2008

I'm still pregnant

Yes, baby is still keeping warm and cozy in my womb. I felt better today than yesterday. I went to my yoga class and it was amazing. I wonder if I will have a baby by next weeks class, or if I will be able to go to yoga? My teacher played a really good cd by Krishna Das, so I decided to go to the record store after class to get one of his cds because I feel like playing it when I'm in labor might help me to relax and focus on my breath. His voice is really amazing and relaxing. If you want something nice to fall asleep to....this might be it! I love yoga, not just for how it makes my body feel, but how it lifts my spirits and gives me time to be thankful to my baby and this amazing journey we have been on together. At the end of each class we all close with 3 "om's". I wonder what that sounds like to the baby to hear all of us mommy's chanting together? We do one for ourselves as mothers, then one for all of the babies, then one for all of the mothers and babies in the world. For this part I always try to think of the mothers in Africa and other far off places in the world struggling to survive. I even think of the mother animals like the mother Polar bears or Orangatanges I have seen on tv (I know I'm crazy and emotional these days). For some reason that part always makes me get teary. Then we put one hand on our heart, and one hand on our belly, and take a few breaths to thank our baby and the journey we are on together. It's a precious time of the week for me =)

No comments: