Today Regina came back for our 5 day check up. We still haven't left the bedroom where Adelaide was born, much less the bed except to use the bathroom. Adelaide is now 8 lbs and 12 oz!! Regina says we don't have to wake her up to feed her anymore. We also decided to have her tongue clipped because she was slightly tongue tied. It wasn't really affecting her feeding, but we don't want to take any chances. Her tongue is definitely still a little heart shaped. Myles was tongue tied and had to have his tongue clipped at birth as well. It didn't really hurt Adelaide, but I cried because I was afraid it was going to hurt her and had to hold her. Regina used these GIANT sterile sizors to do it! We also learned how to clean out her belly button, it was getting stinky!! This is also the day we finally left the "nest". We came out to the living room to rock in the glider chair, and then moved up to our bedroom to sleep. It was really nice to get in my own bed, but sad that the "nesting" part was over. We made a new nest upstairs. I also soaked in a bath and tried to check out my stitches down below. It's still really hard to stand, and I can't really sit, I have to lay or recline. I hope this heals fast!
22 November 2008
5th Day with Adelaide
Today Regina came back for our 5 day check up. We still haven't left the bedroom where Adelaide was born, much less the bed except to use the bathroom. Adelaide is now 8 lbs and 12 oz!! Regina says we don't have to wake her up to feed her anymore. We also decided to have her tongue clipped because she was slightly tongue tied. It wasn't really affecting her feeding, but we don't want to take any chances. Her tongue is definitely still a little heart shaped. Myles was tongue tied and had to have his tongue clipped at birth as well. It didn't really hurt Adelaide, but I cried because I was afraid it was going to hurt her and had to hold her. Regina used these GIANT sterile sizors to do it! We also learned how to clean out her belly button, it was getting stinky!! This is also the day we finally left the "nest". We came out to the living room to rock in the glider chair, and then moved up to our bedroom to sleep. It was really nice to get in my own bed, but sad that the "nesting" part was over. We made a new nest upstairs. I also soaked in a bath and tried to check out my stitches down below. It's still really hard to stand, and I can't really sit, I have to lay or recline. I hope this heals fast!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment